Bmat 2015 section 1

Hey can someone pls help explain me how the ans to this question is C ?

Hey!

1 Like

Thank you so much @dorsa_vaezi :heart_eyes_cat:
I just saw this and can you please kindly explain where does 46 percent and 49 percent come from ?

1 Like

Hi!
You’re welcome!
There are 49% and 26%.
We know that less than 5% of them own neither of these items; so we can conclude that 96% to 99% of them owned atleast one of the items.
If we sum up the minimum percentage of the individuals who owned laptop and mibile phone, it’llbe 55%+70%=125%. when we say the minimum number of them own atleast one of the items, it means that the maximum number of them own neither of the items. We can realize that 125% which is the minimum percentage is 26% more than 99% which is the maximum percentage of the entire students owning at least one of the laptop or mobile phone.

And also when we talk about the maximum percentage of the children owning these items it means that the minimum number of them own non of the items. So if we sum up the maximum percentage of the children owning atleast one of the items we see that it’s 145%, which is 49% more than 96% that is the percentage of the students that own atleast one of the items. Therefore, we can consider 26% and 49% as 25% and 50% respectively!

1 Like

Thank you so much again dorsa :heart_eyes_cat:! I get it now. Thanks !!

1 Like