What was the main reason that helped already med students choose their university

@AriHoresh @ColeF1 i wanted to ask what was the thing that made sure pavia and parma will be best for you ? I mean the most important thing for you :smile_cat:

And I would love to hear med students from uni of milano bicocca, uni of bologna too💌

2 Likes

Hey! I chose Pavia because of my budget and the fact that attendance isn’t mandatory here (on paper, it is but no one checks), so I can focus on my project while studying by myself (I find it more efficient).
But it isn’t something that can fit everyone.
The hospital is also great here and well known, which is very important as a medical student

3 Likes

@AriHoresh May I ask you one more thing ?
How is the English level did you face any problem ? And if u did how you handled it?

1 Like

English level of the professors?

1 Like

Yeah I mean actually I heard from a med student who’s studying in milan uni …she had it really hard understanding actual context of what professors meant and she was spending 4 to 5 hours on a 1.5 hour things …and she suggested to do some research on uni English level before choosing one sooo…I asked u?

1 Like

Their English level I would say is above average then

2 Likes

One of the first considerations would be the city and where you are studying. Moving to another country is not easy so living in a place you feel comfortable with is essential.

Things that stand out about uni of parma:

Hospital is unshared with Italian med students (you have a better chance of shadowing doctors - Italians are often favourites because they can speak easier with the doctors so here you have a bit less competition)

International focus in later years - some courses are focused on international health systems and you have your final year that can be taken outside of Italy (with some limits)

I also think that the uni has done a good job with finding professors. There are always a few that may be hard to follow or understand but for the most part, our profs are really good.

I know there could be a lot more said however I think these are the most important stand-out things in my eyes at the moment.

2 Likes

Yeah :joy: unshared hospital is a strong point , totally , thanks!!